What is counselling?
Counselling is about you being listened to, without being judged or told what to do. It allows you the time to talk about anything that is bothering you. It helps you work through any difficulties and explore your thoughts and feelings in a safe and caring environment. You can talk to your counsellor about any issue, large or small.
How can it help?
Sometimes it's easier to talk to a stranger than to relatives or friends. A counsellor listens to you and helps you find your own answers to problems without judging you. They will give you time to talk, cry or just think.
What happens when you see the counsellor for the first time?
The counsellor will explain confidentiality, what they can offer and answer any questions or concerns you may have. You can then decide whether you would like to make any further appointments.
Blaenau Gwent Learning Zone
City of Newport & Crosskeys Campus
Pontypool & Usk Campuses
- Samaritans: 08457 909090
- LGBT Cymru Helpline: 0800 8402069
- Mencap Cymru - the voice of learning disability: 0800 8081111
- Stop Learning Disability Helpline: 0808 802 1155
- Henna Foundation - Support, advice & advocacy for the Muslim community: 02920 496920
- Pregnant? Free confidential help & advice available: 01633 623718